Who We Are
Grow within our heart-centered, collaborative, and supportive team as an Associate Acupuncturist. You are free to focus on treating patients, while we take care of the rest. Our team will continue to handle attracting patients, marketing, insurance claims processing, and generating income, and you may have opportunities to participate in these activities.
Our Associate Acupuncturists are paid the highest base salary in the Washington DC region with a lucrative benefits package worth about 30% of the base salary. The salary and benefit package we offer is the gold standard for our profession, and is not offered by any other organization. Our benefits package includes paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, holiday/bereavement/jury duty/paid time off, malpractice insurance coverage, continuing education reimbursement, and company-sponsored 401k/Profit Sharing program. We also offer a bonus and profit-sharing program after two years as an Associate Acupuncturist. This position qualifies for promotion to management as a Clinical Director after 5 years.
What We Value
Our mission is to help heal our patients, our communities, and ourselves through the work we perform at our clinic and in our local community. Our goal is to treat each other and every patient with the respect and care they deserve. We believe our patients’ care is of great importance, and we provide our patients with the best quality of care either through our services or by referring them to other healthcare professionals depending on their specific needs.
Transformational Acupuncture is a multidisciplinary group clinic and Chinese herbal pharmacy based in Washington, DC. Our services are focused on acupuncture and Chinese herbs, and we will expand to offer additional services that complement our foundation in Chinese medicine. Our clinic employs both general practitioners and those who provide expert specialty care. We have a full-service Chinese herbal pharmacy that fulfills custom Chinese herbal formulas for our clinic as well as other practitioners nationwide. Our goal is to become a model for how to structure acupuncture clinics in the future.
Sustainability: We value sustainability in all aspects of our clinic. We take active steps to ensure that we do not exceed our available resources whether they be financial, energetic, time-based, or any other asset.
Compassion: We bring compassion to our patients and ourselves. We actively work to create a safe space for our patients’ emotional healing while maintaining necessary boundaries. We work to provide compassion for ourselves and our co-workers while maintaining professionalism.
Patient-Centered Care: We treat each and every patient with respect and a high level of care. We center our care on every patient during every interaction – from the moment they step into the clinic, to the consultation room, to receiving treatment, to checking out at the front desk, and finally to payment collection.
Privacy: We value the privacy of every patient. We actively work to ensure that each patient’s privacy is respected in every area of the clinic. We employ strict HIPAA protocols to ensure this privacy is respected both electronically and in the local community.
Commitment to Education: We are committed to lifelong learning as necessary for our profession. We actively seek to improve our clinical skills thereby improving the quality of our care and patient retention.
- Our management style is one where we value a heart-centered approach, transparency, professionalism, kindness, and open communication.
- Our Core Values are instrumental to the success of our group clinic.
- Practitioners will be collaborating, growing, and sharing clinical insights with a team of fellow Chinese Medicine practitioners.
- We employ part and full-time admin staff that cover office management, marketing, scheduling patients, insurance billing, and collection of payments. This allows practitioners to focus on treating patients and improving therapeutic outcomes.
- We offer lucrative paid time off with 4 weeks of PTO, 8 holidays, one week each year of bereavement and jury duty.
- While each practitioner’s schedule may vary, our work weeks are limited to either a 3-day or 4-day clinical schedule.
- Starting Base Salary: $72-84k (more about salary in the job description below). Additional benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Jury duty and bereavement leave
- Fee coverage for acupuncture license renewal
- $1,000 CEU reimbursement per calendar year
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- 401k and profit sharing available
- Bonus and profit sharing after 2 years
- Our clinical space is serene, aesthetically pleasing, and often described by our patients as a sanctuary. It is located in Dupont Circle, one of downtown DC’s most popular neighborhoods.
- Continue to gain a lot of clinical experience and help a lot of people with an average weekly patient load above 50 treatments per week.
- Hone the art form of helping patients identify the root causes of their health issues, and address those causes through lifestyle and personal transformation.
- Discover your clinical and healing gifts, put them into practice, and begin to develop your area of specialization.
The Right Candidate
We owe our success to the fact that we look to hire people whose personality and character make them a good, harmonious fit with our clinic culture. Here is how we describe that person:
- Strong ability to work in or adapt to a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Verbal interactions with patients should be as therapeutic as your treatments.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both patients and fellow staff members. This individual can field a range of personality types—including the occasional difficult one—while maintaining a pleasant demeanor and a focus on positive outcomes.
- Accurately documenting patient notes in a timely manner and following clinic charting protocols for all patients (re-exams, proper indication of diagnosis codes, etc).
- Possess a strong work ethic and take pride in one’s work.
- Comfortable with technology. Familiarity with or ability to learn iPad, iOS, Unified Practice, Dispensary Tree, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs.
- Able and willing to adhere to our strict HIPAA and PHI policies.
- Prioritizes self-care because any healer is in danger of burning out if they are not proactive with their self-care. This is especially important at our clinic because our practitioners are very busy with patients.
- Possess a pleasant and professional demeanor towards staff and patients.
- Desire to work alongside colleagues who strongly value spiritual and personal development.
- Ability to collaborate with fellow practitioners within a group practice setting.
- Knowledge and ability to recommend and prescribe supplements, patent formulas, and custom Chinese herbal formulas.
- Possess an interest in committing to the clinic for the long term.
- Desires to work in a collaborative environment and understands that their contributions to the company benefit the entire team.
Since salaried full-time positions are rare in the acupuncture field, we think it’s important to compare this salary with being in a private acupuncture practice. Based on our calculations and from our own experience, we estimate you would need to make over $300,000 in gross revenue in your private practice to net the base salary for this position. See the chart below and compare the bold orange row and the bottom bold green row.
These estimates include a full-time office manager, but do not account for state and federal income tax.
(Click on the image below to enlarge.)