I’ve been reaping the benefits of Chinese herbal medicine for two years now, and I get the impression that it’s Traditional Chinese Medicine’s best-kept secret. Given its effectiveness, lack of side effects, holistic, gentle, no-dependence, root-cause approach, I’m amazed that herbal medicine is not as mainstream as acupuncture. The good news is that we’re making it mainstream at our clinic.
How herbs have helped me
Twice per day, I scoop 1tsp of a powdered herbal formula into my mouth and chase it with a some water. This has made all of the difference:
- I have weaned off of a number of daily prescription drugs that I was taking on an ongoing basis,
- I wake up feeling serene (rather than literally trembling with anxiety),
- I am allergy-free,
- Sinusitis and I used to be inseparable, now we only see each other when I’m irresponsible and overdose on gluten and dairy,
- I can actually digest food past 3pm.
And it’s helped me with a couple of key women’s health issues too.
Is herbal medicine right for you?
Like acupuncture, herbal medicine is used on three fronts. First it works to alleviate specific symptoms. Second, it heals the root causes of those symptoms. Finally, herbal medicine acts as a wellness strategy, taken over the long-term to support and maintain top-notch health and vitality. Consider an herbal consultation if you seek a natural, effective and root-cause approach to one or many of the following:
- Autoimmune conditions
- Emotional health
- Energy & stamina
- Fatigue syndromes
- GYN issues, including PMS and irregular menstrual cycles
- Heart, circulation and blood pressure
- Hormonal health
- Immunity and immune health
- Joints and bones
- Natural pain relief
- Nutrition and nourishment
- Skin problems
- Wellness support